For this role you will work exclusively for one of our lead clients, creating an online streaming platform.
A typical day for you would start with a design stand-up, which is followed by a brainstorm with a number of key stakeholders outside the design team in the domain’s strategic planning. After lunch you have a couple of 1-1 planned with your team and before the end of the day you do some design reviews.
In essence, your role here will be that of an all-rounder, both hands-on UX/UI but with a keen eye for people and product strategy. Longer-term, the challenge will be to effectively contribute to the growth of the product by consistently representing the customers in strategic decisions, as well as meeting business requirements. All in all, you guarantee that your team contributes to the success of the business. You are a customer-centric designer who understands the business side of product design.
You’ll be given the chance to help scale and lead the teams and to establish effective interdisciplinary processes. Designers follow you instinctively. You promote a way-of-working in which people are central, solutions are constructively sought and teams work together more effectively. You proactively contribute to improving the quality of design not only within the product team, but also within the entire organization.
Next to that, you will:
- Ensure and set the bar for high-quality overall design execution
- Define and guard design creative vision
- Solve difficult design problems and create frameworks from these design solutions
- Evaluate and prioritise great ideas and guide the team, one iteration at a time, to bring the most promising ones to market
- Take a lead role in managing the design and creative process of projects and be point of contact for the teams as well as management
- Interpret abstract business concepts and client briefs and turning them into creative ideas
- Determine and protect focus. Make sure we do the right things. And do them in the right way
- Inspire, mentor and coach the design team with their development
- Take the team to the next level based on best practices (with attention to detail and sometimes unconventional thinking)
- Cross-collaborate with designers and stakeholders from other disciplines and domains
- Develop and manage productivity and to continuously improve the design team’s production capabilities
We are looking for you if..
- You have 5+ years experience leading successful design teams
- You have 10+ years of professional experience in service/ product design
- You’re experienced in building strong, collaborative teams and shipping great digital products
- You'll have experience from a full end to end design process, from scratch to implementation
- You'll be creative, think outside the box, and want to push the boundaries
- You’re able to visualize concepts and ideas, and communicate them clearly (to team and stakeholders)
- You continuously raise the quality bar
- You’re an empathetic team leader who helps their team to grow through constructive feedback
- You’re an excellent communicator, including in written and spoken English
- You have experience with working in a lean and agile environment.
- You’re flexible in a rapidly changing and developing environment
- You can maintain the balance between strong design, innovation and business goals
About Bravoure & the project
Bravoure is a creative digital agency situated in the center of Amsterdam. We have an open and friendly atmosphere, with a passionate team (+/- 30) of designers, developers and strategists. We are working for consumer focused clients from theatre, to festivals and from community platforms to streaming products.
For this role we are looking for someone who will exclusively work for one of our biggest clients. For this client we are creating a yet to launch, worldwide (december 2022) online streaming platform.
We’re not the 'corporate suit wearing' kind, but we do work hard, laugh a lot, have extensive lunches and offer social benefits, not to mention there is always good music around.
- An ambitious and international team in the heart of Amsterdam
- Competitive salary, depending on your experience and skills
- An appealing project for an international client (headquarters in Amsterdam)
- Variety of company social events with a diverse international team
- Joint lunch, conferences, friday afternoon drinks and team days
- Hybrid working possible (60/40 regulation)
- A pension scheme of A.S.R. based on defined contribution with a personal contribution of 50%
- Personalized training budget
- Apple hardware
Does this sound like you, or a friend?
Send us your application, or share this vacancy with a CV, motivation and portfolio demonstrating your experience to https://bravoure.homerun.co/he...;
We would love to hear from you!